logo

logo

Friday 21 October 2016



This is the coloured picture of my good copy  logo. 
My company is a SFX make-up company we do; weddings, Halloween, interviews and parties. I chose to use black to represent my mysterious and dark, satire type of humour, I chose the owl because of my awkwardness and quirky habits/ ambiance and I feel that owls are very awkward and quirky creatures as well as very mysterious ones too. My last adjective was to be creative, expressive and passionate  so I chose to go with SFX make-up as my business.

I chose the colours red for the owls face and text  with a green for the background because I wanted those to be the first things that people see and I want people to remember my logo so that when they see it they can recognize it. I also chose red and green because they not only contrast with each as well as compliment each really nice but red is a symbol or danger and risk, I felt that making the logo the way I did with the owl, circle and box was a really daring and risky choice. I chose green because earthy tones draw people in and make them want to stay, I feel if they stay to see the creations of make up and costumes, dresses, wigs, etc. they will tell other people about it and we will get the word out. Black was another colour i chose because as I stated earlier black represents darkness and mystery, I wanted to add mystery to my logo so that people will get curious when looking at and search us up to check us out or ask the person wearing our merchandise about it possibly.





I chose to go with a more thick and animated style of line because I thought that it made the logo seem more friendly and cute, friendliness adds to the curiosity of what the company is and contrasts with the dark black colour to make it seem less scary and deathly. I went for curvy owl feathers instead of spiky or pointy because I thought that it would also make the company brand and logo look less intimidating. I made the circle in the background to give it the illusion of the moon behind the owl. I chose the black box beneath the owl to give it the illusion of the owl siting on a branch or a ledge of some sort. The emphasis was and is put on the owl and hopefully starts at the owl's face because it is bright compared to the background of the circle and the rectangle's fill.










I had and easier time with finding the name then I did with finding the colour and when through a hard time, I over came those problems by asking friends what they thought looked good and then looking up the true meaning of colours.

I learned that making a logo is a long and painstaking process and that not everything that seems easy is.  









No comments:

Post a Comment